Saturday, September 10, 2016

James T. Kirk


One of my favorite characters from the initial series, the actor who originated the part of James Kirk has been maligned for decades by some of his former cast-mates.  George Takei (Mr. Sulu) has been particularily vocal about exposing his former compadre's "bad behavior".  I've read Mr. Takei's comments on forgiving those who imprisoned his family during the Japanese-American interment during the Second World War.  So, if he can absolve the people and community which essentially destroyed his family's way of life, he can't forgive William Shatner for some crummy behavior because Shatner was the star of a T.V. show?  A wise woman recently said to me, "You can forgive, but don't forget.".  Well, I agree.  So, the guy may have not been the nicest person to work with (I don't know; I wasn't there & I don't know either gentleman), but forgive him.  Stop talking about how lousy he may have been.  I don't think Star Trek would have resonated with people if the head of the cast sucked at his job.  His success insured the show's longevity in this creative team effort.  Forgive him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow Submarine: The Sea of Green

For this group shot of the foursome traveling towards the Sea of Green , I chose to alter the colors of their clothes seen in the film. Th...