Saturday, September 10, 2016

A 1979 trip to the Air & Space Museum . . .

In 1979, my family and I took a trip to Washington, DC where one of our stops was to the National Air & Space Museum.  I was floored when I looked up and saw this, the actual model of the Enterprise used in the filming of the original series.  In less than ten years, this poorly rated show went from sliding off the Nielsen ratings chart to becoming part of a national institution.  After being displayed for years in the open air,  this massive model has since been fully restored and now resides in a glass display case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow Submarine: The Sea of Green

For this group shot of the foursome traveling towards the Sea of Green , I chose to alter the colors of their clothes seen in the film. Th...