Sunday, October 31, 2010

Woodland Spook

A ghost, or spectre, haunting the local woods. I've never seen a ghost but I certainly don't think we have all the answers on what happens after you die. Some of my friends have seen occurrences that they can't explain. Others have participated in contacting or recording "supernatural activity". There are numerous spots on Long Island that are reputed to be haunted. Raynham Hall in Oyster Bay is supposedly inhabited by the ghost of a young women from Revolutionary days. The true life inspiration for the movie Poltergeist happened out east and the Home Depot parking lot in East Northport, at the corner of Jericho Turnpike and Larkfield road, has an actual cemetery at its center. Apparently that whole area (including Home Depot, Walgreens, Modell's, and Old Navy) is resting upon a much larger burial ground. Two of my friends who were members of a "ghost hunters" group have audio and video recordings of unexplained events that occurred there.

1 comment:

  1. I actually worked at that Home Depot for a while. There are picnic tables next to the cemetery where people would go to eat their lunch or smoke cigarettes. My friend John and I seemed to be the only people there who felt it was in any way bizarre.

    ReplyDelete

Yellow Submarine: The Sea of Green

For this group shot of the foursome traveling towards the Sea of Green , I chose to alter the colors of their clothes seen in the film. Th...