Monday, October 18, 2010

Pervert Skeleton

The Graveyard Ghost from Pathe's 1905 film, The Fairy of the Black Rocks (Hey, everybody's seen that one, right?). Based on a photo printed in Denis Gifford's book, A Pictorial History of Horror Movies. . .
This string of posts came about because I'd really wanted to do a big online piece for Halloween. But, if you want to do a big project, you have to plan ahead and stick to it. So, this first edition of SUPER CREEPS is not quite what I had planned. I'd considered shelving everything till next year, but that seemed silly. Some of the finished pieces are pretty good and there is a certain cohesion between them. There's just not as much material as I would have liked. So, here is a truncated version of what I had envisioned: a Halloween-theme showcase which, hopefully, will occur annually. Or semi-annually. . . . . . maybe. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow Submarine: The Sea of Green

For this group shot of the foursome traveling towards the Sea of Green , I chose to alter the colors of their clothes seen in the film. Th...